Friday 28 August 2015

The Book of Awesome

By: Neil Pasricha

image from:  http://1000awesomethings.com/book/

I remember seeing people walking around with this book everywhere a few years ago and thinking I had to read it. Well, 2015 turned out to be the *awesome* year to do it!

Basically, this book is a series of short essays about things that are awesome, such as bubble wrap, getting grass stains, having bed head all day, swimming in your neighbour's pool, etc. The author takes simple things that we normally take for granted and explains why they are awesome. Every essay ends the same. Awesome. 

There were some gems in this book that made me laugh. Overall, though, it is the kind of book you don't want to read in a couple of sittings but maybe an essay or two each day. I did read the whole thing but I skimmed through some of the essays that weren't as interesting to me as the others. 

This book wasn't specifically written as a children's book but I think kids can easily read it, especially Grade 7 & 8. This book is available through Overdrive. 

Parent Point: As this is not a children's book some essays deal with more adult content. 



No comments:

Post a Comment