Monday 9 November 2015

The Invention of Hugo Cabret


Image from www.amazon.com
The Invention of Hugo Cabret has to be one of my favourite children's books that I've ever read since becoming a librarian. I have read it three times now! I just finished reading it with my son who is in Grade 2. I love this book because Hugo is such a great person; he has a very difficult life and he does everything he can to survive. He is intelligent, brave, and sneaky. I think he is a great character and meeting interesting characters are one of my favourite parts of reading.

I love that this book looks impressive; it's over 500 pages but that's mostly because there are great illustrations throughout and some pages with hardly any words. With that said, there is a very strong plot as well so, really, this book is the whole package!

I would highly recommend this book for Grade 3 and up. I haven't seen the movie yet but if you like the book you can also check out the movie, Hugo, and let me know which one you like best!

No comments:

Post a Comment