Thursday 7 April 2016

Fuzzy Mud

Picture
Image from: www.louissachar.com
By Louis Sachar

I picked up this book because we had to study Louis Sachar for Battle of the Books and I was curious if it was any good, considering I wasn't a big fan of the title. I am, however, a big fan of Louis Sachar in general and have read Holes and Sideways Stories many, many time.

Anyway, Fuzzy Mud is the story of Tamaya Dhilwaddi and Marshall Walsh, who end up taking a detour through the woods and find themselves in some serious trouble. Another boy, Chad Hilligas, has decided to beat up Marshall and hunts them down in the woods. As they are fighting, Tamaya picks up some weird mud and throws it at Chad's face. He backs off and leaves.

Tamaya and Marshall make their way home. That night, Tamaya's hand starts to get a rash. She realizes it's from the mud she picked up and that her skin is flaking off. Tamaya ends up going to school the next day where she learns that Chad is missing. She realizes it is up to her to find him and that he is probably in really bad shape since the mud went all over his face. She sets out to find him and the adventure continues from there.

I don't want to say too much more about this one because I don't want to give it away but it was a good read, freakier than I thought it would be, but good. I would recommend this book for Grade 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment