Friday 5 August 2016

Fish in a Tree

FullSizeRender(4)
Image from: www.lyndamullalyhunt.com

by Lynda Mullaly Hunt

I have been dying to read this book since one of our grade 3 students told me it was the best book she ever read and my son read it with his grade 5 class this year. I wasn't disappointed!

Ally has always felt that she is dumb and tries to hide the things she can't do, like read, from others. When her new teacher, Mr. Daniels, recognizes that Ally might have dyslexia and tries to help her she begins to see herself in a new light. She also starts to open herself up to the possibliity of having friends and letting people know about her struggles instead of hiding them all the time.

I would recommend this book for kids in Grade 3-7. Like some other books I've reviewed lately if you like Wonder or Mockingbird you will probably like this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment